17.2.10

Oh, Nikolai.

When I first saw Camilla & Marc's new collection, there were a few pieces I fell in love with. One of them was the Nikolai Jacket.
 
Images from myer.com.au and whistles.com.au

I couldn't stop thinking about the Nikolai, no matter how hard I tried, and after a while I decided that it was time to reward myself with it for all that good saving I had done. I wasn't going to buy it without trying it on, so I decided that while I was in the city today (had to get some stuff for uni) I'd go and try on my dream jacket.

The moment I had it on, my dreams were broken - the Nikolai didn't suit me. I had feared the shoulders may be too overpowering on me, but that wasn't it at all, I simply looked swamped and dwarfed in it's folds of fabric, even though otherwise it seemed the perfect fit. I left, defeated for the moment, but the hunt for the perfect jacket is now on.

3 comments:

  1. It looks really good on Hawko though...Perhaps they pin back fabric on her?

    Good jackets and coats are so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous jacket. The draping is lovely but it can be such a hard style to pull off :(

    I'm sure you'll find a lovely jacket soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bowsnhearts
    Yes that was my thought too, Hope, it does look a bit different on her!

    @teacupgrunge
    I'm sure I will too, hopefully soon! Even though the weather means I don't really need one yet :P

    ReplyDelete